January 9, 2017

1/8/17 First Counselor

Today the Deacon's quorum was reorganized. David is now the First Counselor under President Lincoln Phelps. There are currently three boys in the quorum. Cameron Lowis is the Second Counselor. In David's blessing he was told to keep his eye open for chances to invite new boys to come to church and scout meetings. He was also told that the Spirit would prompt him about things to say to help lead the quorum. I am proud of David for the new skills he is learning. Leadership is a tough, but important, skill to work on.
Heidi was sick today so it was me and six kids at church. Luckily the kids are all well behaved, Peter is working on it. He spent most of Sacrament in the hall. Part of the time David watched over him so that I could troubleshoot some audio problems reported at the back of the hall.
After Sacrament meeting we had some confusion. TJ was supposed to take Joseph with him to Primary AND return the crayons he borrowed to the library. The crayons were returned but Joseph got separated in the hall. Luckily another parent came and told me that Joseph was hiding behind the portable chalkboards instead of in class. When I found him Joseph explained that there had been a long line of people blocking the hall that lead to the Primary room. He apparently felt nervous and hid instead of plowing through. With some coaxing he came out from under the chalkboards and went with me to his class. The kids, including Joseph, all reported having a good experience with their new Primary teachers. Part of the challenge today came from the fact that Sarah has graduated from Junior Primary. She's been the one to take Joseph for the past year. Next week I'll be sure that Joseph makes it and that TJ learns how to keep a better eye on his little brother.
This evening Doug and our home teacher Greg Turley came over to give Heidi and me a blessing. Heidi's voice is still pretty hoarse and I was feeling very worn out and like I might be getting what Heidi has. We are very grateful for their dedicated service.

1 comment:

  1. Gramma and I are very proud of these grandchildren learning about our Savior and His Gospel.

    ReplyDelete