January 8, 2017

1/7/17 A Belated Gift

This morning we enjoyed a second visit this week from my parents. While they were here David gave Gram a belated Christmas gift of a little Christus statue. He felt like it was something that she would enjoy and would fit well with her decor.
The primary reason Gram, Papa and Becca B. came over was for help buying Cubs preseason tickets. I was amazed at how quickly tickets were gobbled up. In the short time it took us to order tickets we watched several games get sold out. To add to the tension the website added a timer. If you did not complete certain steps before the timer the system booted you out and you had to start over. We ended up buying 4 tickets to the Cubs vs the Italian National Team. We bought two ADA (wheelchair accessible) seats and two regular. The system made us buy the two pairs separately. This made me nervous that the game would sell out before we could get all four tickets. Happily it did not and we were able to get seats reasonably close together. Typing in credit card and address information while the clock ticked down made me feel like I was in some kind of Mission Impossible movie. The good guys trying to hack into the bad guy's computer before the guards come back down the hallway. At one point I had less than ten seconds left to correctly type my security code before we were all caught and sent to a Russian internment camp in Siberia (well, that's how it felt). Hopefully the game is just as exciting as the ticket buying.
The other goal was to fix Becca B's finicky cel phone. Lately it has been reading "No Service". What use is a phone that can't make phone calls? After some finagling we realized that the charging port had gotten gunked up. I wasn't able to back up the phone while they were here but I was able to back it up later in the day. Heidi and I have a similar phone that we think will work for Becca B as a replacement.
The rest of the day was fairly quiet. Heidi helped Anna Phelps with her Cub Scout den meeting. The rest of us hung out at home. Mostly Rebecca and TJ and I worked on saving Gotham City in our LEGO Batman video game. It was surprisingly difficult until we started to learn how some of the game mechanics worked. It was fun but I also wished that I had taken some time to make a better plan for the day. I think we could have made a plan that would have engaged more of us in a more useful activity.

1 comment:

  1. David's very thoughtful and sensitive gift is now watching over his Gramma

    ReplyDelete