January 7, 2017

1/4/17 Preschool and Temple Visit

This morning Rebecca, Sara and TJ all started back to school at Entz. Heidi and I decided that since Joseph no longer had preschool with Mrs. Lowis we should try doing something at home. Heidi invited Joseph's friend Amy Hallsted to come and join us. I had a work meeting over at Empire Financial this morning so I wasn't able to stay and see the fun. In the picture above Heidi is playing a pattern game with the two kids.

Heidi also used our magnetic letters to teach some three letter "at" words. The kid's attention spans are not very long at this age so Heidi had to come up with quite a few different activities.

After my meeting Amy went home with her family and David watched Peter and Joseph so that Heidi and I could go to the temple. The Mesa Temple is closed for six weeks for cleaning. Heidi and I went to the Gilbert Temple instead. We are very fortunate to have two wonderful temples close by. It has been a while since Heidi and I have been able to go to the temple together. We used the opportunity to do some sealings together. One special name was being able to seal my grandfather Donald Dean Van Kirk to his second wife.

1 comment:

  1. Here's praying Grandfather Van Kirk has accepted the gospel and is grateful for the sealing

    ReplyDelete