September 3, 2017

9/1/17 Good, Hard Workin Day

     Today was a solid day. I made a call that I was nervous about and it went well. I set a goal to get some specific work done and stuck with it until it was done. Nothing too amazing but it felt good.
     This morning Gram, Papa, Heidi and I went to the Temple to do initiatory work for our ancestors. So grateful to be able to be in such a peaceful place on a regular basis.



     This evening we all went over to Costco to pick up supplies and eat dinner. The kids appreciated the fun treat. David was feeling generous and chipped in so that we could have some ice cream as a dessert.

Tonight for family scripture study we were reading Alma chapter 11. It talks about the Nephite monetary system. I've always been curious about how much things would be worth in today's dollars. I did some quick google searches an put together a table. I even posted it on Facebook. So far 11 people have "liked" it and two have said that they wanted to print it our for their own use (or for a seminary lesson). I'm glad to be able to help someone in addition to myself.

No automatic alt text available.



1 comment:

  1. Gramma and I very grateful for our Temple Buddies. Many blessings for us and our ancestors. Monetary graph very useful. maybe send to CES

    ReplyDelete