February 2, 2016

2/1/16 A Little More Rest


     The photos above are from family home evening. Rebecca shared a nice lesson about how by following instructions we can learn how to do things we couldn't do before. She taught the kids how to hold the two ends of a piece of string and tie a knot without ever letting go of the string. By all accounts it was a good and memorable lesson. Heidi took pictures so that I would get to see it. At between 7 and 7:30 pm I decided to lay down for bit since I was feeling tired. I woke up around 4:30 the next morning. Apparently I needed the rest. 
     It was a good day. Filled with the usual Monday meetings. One highlight for me was feeling like Heavenly Father was sending me a little bit of revelation to solve a hard problem. We needed a way to do more work for a client but not in a way that took a lot more time. We had spent a long time working on it and had made no progress. Suddenly an idea came into my mind of a way we could build on the work that has already been done rather than building a new system from scratch. It will work and it's a ton simpler than any of the ideas we've had so far. I feel like it's not my idea, although it came to me. I'm just glad it came because we needed it. 

1 comment: