February 13, 2016

2/13/16 Happy Birthday Joseph!


     This is Joseph reacting to the track that the Johnsons gave us. I think he likes it. His Aunt Heather decorated her house with Happy Birthday signs and gave him a cool book with little Disney characters. He had fun playing with that today as well. 
 

     Today was also day 2 of "Day" Camp. David had a blast. Heidi and I did too. We both got to be there. Here David and his troop are participating in the Tournament of Scouting. Our eleven year old boys ended up taking the "Most in Uniform" award and the overall "Spirit" award. That's the top award you can earn at day camp. Our ward has one it the last few years. It was a close one this year but they won it again. 

    My assignment today was to teach the boys about knots. Heavenly Father sent me two helpful dads to get the rope bridge set up. There is no way I was getting that up by myself. The boys were great fun. I did get to cast a vote for who got the Spirit Award. There were some great troops that came through. Most gave a great cheer and some were pretty good at their knots. The Falcon Patrol was tough to beat but when the Panthers (David's patrol) came by I had to change my vote. They not only had a great cheer but they were the only patrol that knew all the knots cold. Every knot we covered they not only had seen before but they remembered how to tie it. As a leader with a boy in the race I was reluctant to vote for the Pathers because I knew I was biased. However, after seeing them in action I could not, in fairness, vote for another Troop. I was so proud of David in particular. He would tie the knot I assigned and then, while he waited for the other boys, he'd tie another knot to show me. This evening he was so excited that he taught himself how to lash using his scout book and made a little tripod out of stuff he found around the house. I love that kid. He is so smart and fun. 

     We missed getting a picture of Heidi. She was in charge of the station that quizzed the boys on first aid skills. She's digging right in to her new stake primary calling. 
     This evening Heidi and I went on a date to put the, now repaired, TV back up at the Stake Center. Heidi and I sure know how to have a good time 😀. 





1 comment:

  1. Congrats to David and his Scouting Family. Happy birthday Joseph🎉

    ReplyDelete