February 9, 2016

2/9/16 Peter Finds a Hat and David Catches a Fish


     This morning Peter found the jug that we use for juice. He decided he knew best what to use it for. 


    This picture is not from today but Brother Montiereth, David's scout leader, sent it to me today. This is a picture of the first fish David ever caught. He may have caught two that day. If so that puts him one ahead of his old man. I'll have to ask Heidi to post in the comments about when this fishing trip happened. 
     In other happenings of the day, it felt good to teach three classes and not have to stop once to talk about being respectful when others are talking. Part of it, I've been learning, was that I needed to change. Angela, the math department chair, taught me that a busy class is better behaved. I've given my kids more work to do in class and it has allowed us to focus more on learning the material. 
      This evening Heidi took David to
See his Citizenship in the Nation merit badge counselor. He has now signed off another required merit badge. We're so proud of him. 
      While Heidi and David did that Heather kindly watched the other kids so that I could help set up the tech for Young Women's New Beginnings. Heaven bless those sweet sisters for all the hours of prep they put in to make these events special. I was there from 7 to 8:30 but it looked like they still had plenty to do. The tech was set and I had kids to put to bed so I came home. It's been a busy but satisfying day. 



2 comments:

  1. David is piling up accomplishments! including noted fisherman! Good job‼️Fun hat Peter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fishing happened on Halloween- 10/31/15. David's first Scout Campout.

    ReplyDelete