February 6, 2016

2/6/16 First Trombonist from Entz


     Today David tried out for the Mesa Honor Band. He knew that if he made it he would be the first trombone player from Entz Elementary to do so. He has been rehearsing for this tryout for the past couple of weeks. It has been fun to listen as his tone and confidence have improved. The decision wasn't made on the spot so David had to wait to find out. David's teacher Mr. Trout called and let us know. It had been a competitive field but the panel was impressed by David's good attitude and by his determination. We are super proud of his accomplishment but like the judges we are more Impressed by the good attitude he has shown and by his persistence. These are the skills that will carry him long after his days of playing a trombone are past. 
     Another person I am grateful for is Heidi. She did my calling again for me today as I am still under the weather. Bob Rhine, of the High Council, reported back to me that she did a fine job. I knew she would. It's driving me crazy being sick. There are so many things to do. Still, I was grateful to know that Heidi had me covered at the Relief Society event. As for me I did at least manage to get some quizzes graded and watch some Trig videos. The other kids did a fine job of mostly taking care of themselves. I only had to get out of bed when Peter tripped and got a bloody nose. Peter was fine. He was happy as soon as he saw he was going to get to sit in the sink. The bleeding had already almost stopped and he cleaned up quickly. Rebecca and Sarah took turns keeping him cheered up. 

1 comment:

  1. David, wonderful achievement on several levels! Peter and the sink lol! Cold? #garglehydrogendioxide

    ReplyDelete