February 29, 2016

2/28/16 Quiet Time at Home


      Today Peter, David and Joseph all had various symptoms of not being well. Heidi decided that since Peter threw up on her in the night it was my turn to watch him during church. It was a quiet time. We watched a couple of cartoons including Brave with the director's commentary on. Peter sat by me most of the time. That's another sign he wasn't feeling his best. When he's awake he is rarely still for long. After a while he got restless so I took him for a walk. The picture above is from the nap that resulted. 
     This evening another unusual thing happened at bedtime. First Peter and then Joseph got down from their beds and cuddled on my lap where I was sitting reading the scriptures. Usually for Peter Mom is the only source of comfort when it is time to sleep. It is hard not to feel like the events of the morning are connected to the events of the evening. Joseph too lately has been all about Mom. He wants her to say the prayer, to drive. He wants to sit in her lap at dinner. To have him want to be by me did make me feel loved. 
     David and I had some quality time today as well. He couldn't remember watching a movie with the director's commentary on before. It was fun to hear about all the drafts and little and big changes that go into making a movie. 
     Heidi and the girls and TJ reported having a good experience at Church. Since both Peter and Joseph were with me Heidi got to sit through all of sacrament. That's been unusual for her lately and she enjoyed it. 


1 comment: