February 19, 2016

2/18/16 Help Teaching Math

     This morning as I mentally prepared for the day I said a little prayer for my math students in Precalculus. It'd been three class periods since we started covering graphs of Sine and Cosine and we were not making any headway. I prayed that I would find a way to teach the material that would make sense to my students. I felt impressed to re-teach some of the foundations of what we are learning called the Unit Circle. Today I also changed things up and allowed the students to help each other on today's quiz. Between those two things we started to see the students begin to understand. Seeing that light turn on moment, when a student goes from lost to understanding, is one of my favorites as a teacher. It's one of the things that make the challenges worthwhile. I want to give credit where it is due. Heavenly Father helped out. I've got to remember to pray more as I teach. 


1 comment: