February 5, 2016

2/4/16 Good Neighbors From Head to Toe


     A few days ago our friends the Newtons dropped by a few clothing items they'd grown out of. Among the lot was a pair of gently used shoes that are just my size. My old tennis shoes have holes in them that are getting big enough that I can't simply pretend that it's by design for ventilation. I can wear the new shoes all day and they feel great on my feet. That's been a huge blessing. 
       About a month ago our neighbors Beatrice, Ruth and David invited us over to celebrate 3 Kings Day. Rebecca got the little baby Jesus toy. Tradition is that the person who gets the doll hosts a party with tamales on February 2, the day Christ's presentation at the synagogue is celebrated. There was no expectation they we actually host a party but we thought it would be fun to do anyway. The 2nd proved difficult to coordinate but Beatrice and Ruth were able to come over on the 3rd. It was a good time. We had tamales. They brought some amazing homemade hot cocoa. Some of the kids were even willing to try the tamales. David really liked them even though they were a little spicy. While here Beatrice noticed that my voice was giving out. She suggested chicken soup as her favorite remedy. Today when I got home from work Heidi showed me a big bowl of homemade chicken soup. Beatrice had made it special and brought it over for us. It was so good David's comment was, "we should ask them for the recipe and then we should make it every day". This is high praise from a boy who was once a very picky eater. 
     I am grateful to Heavenly Father for blessing us with such kind and thoughtful neighbors. 

1 comment:

  1. In our experience being good neighbors begets good neighbors. So good for you guys. I saw those shoes--you scored! Be sure to get that recipe for David‼️

    ReplyDelete