February 2, 2016

2/2/16 Mr. Connelly


     Look what I found in my box at school today. It made me feel like an official teacher. For the lesson today I took all of my classes to the computer lab. The kids all worked in a math program called Khan Academy. It's wonderful because it allows each kid to work at their own speed. If they need more practice problems of a certain type it makes up more. The kids do appear to be learning. I had five students make up the exam today since they were sick last week.  They did about as well as the rest of the students have done, which is pretty good. One student came and made up one of the home works that he hadn't turned in. That alone bumped up his grade quite a bit. If he works hard he can continue to improve his grade as we go along. It made me happy to see him improve. I'm really teaching because I want kids to learn. I don't want any of them to fail. 
      As usual Heidi did a fabulous job of holding down the fort while I was at school. Life goes on when I am out of the office and it is gratifying to see that problems are getting solved without me as well. I am so grateful to have such a great team. 

1 comment:

  1. Really solid reason for teaching! Your students will sense and appreciate your philosophy

    ReplyDelete