February 23, 2016

2/23/16 Quiet Can Happen

     Today something happened that made me chuckle. Two of the girls from my noisy 2nd period class stopped by my 3rd period class. One of them had lost a cell phone and was trying to find it. When they walked in one of them said "It's so quiet". They seemed amazed. One told me later that she thought they must be taking a quiz. I told them that this is what my other classes sound like. I am still a little baffled that my 2nd period class is so much noisier than 1st or 3rd. I didn't let it bother me today. I spent my energy working with the kids who wanted to learn. The exam is on Thursday and I hope they will all be prepared but I can't always talk over them or lecture on being quiet. The reality is that they have the highest average grade of the three classes so perhaps they do have it down and I need to challenge them more.

1 comment:

  1. We found every class had its own personality, often driven by one or two "change agent" students

    ReplyDelete