February 20, 2016

2/19/16 Do What You Can

     Today was not my most productive day but I still got some things done. Heidi and I had a nice visit with my parents. We didn't get as much checked off as I wanted but hopefully we've laid the groundwork for finishing some of those things tomorrow. It was still nice to visit about lessons learned from our recent FHE experience and to talk about the challenges that we are tackling. 
      The afternoon felt similar. I checked a few things off the list but not as many as I had wanted to. Still, on the whole, the day was positive. Famed basketball couch John Wooden has said "never let what you can't do keep you from doing what you can do". There were several points today where I felt off my game. Questions that are usually easy for me were not today. Still, when those moments came I tried to switch to a task that I did feel up to. I didn't let it become an excuse to quit for the day.  As a result this day goes down with a check in the plus column instead of the minus column. That feels good. It feels like overcoming adversity. Even though it was just a sluggish day, I've let those get to me in the past. It makes me feel more like getting a good night sleep and tackling tomorrow with a fresh pair of eyes. 


1 comment:

  1. John Wooden was a winner, both on and off the court. Good advice

    ReplyDelete