April 22, 2016

4/21/16 Quiz Day

      On Thursdays I've been giving the students a quiz. The idea is to give them motivation to master the masterial by a deadline. Some kids seem pretty unmotivated right now. They seem to feel discouraged about learning math. It doesn't help that there are only a few days left in the school year. I need to find more ways to keep/make it fun. Kelly recommended a site called teachers pay teachers. I've found some ideas there. There's only 3 days left for teaching new material. Then I'm supposed to have a last mid term and then review for 2 days and a 2 day final exam, yikes! All told 10 more days in class, including the last day of school. Crazy how fast it's going. 
     This evening I finally got to grading the exams from last week. Thanks to my TA for grading late homework I'm now caught up. Hooray. Bad news is that the kids are struggling with a new concept and with an old one. No one came for help after school. Gotta keep trying to find stuff that works. 
     David and Lincoln went and helped out at the pack meeting last night. They made musical instruments. Loud but fun. 


2 comments:

  1. Sounds like David and Lincoln have had a few fun bonding moments. Priceless

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad the site helped. My school is hiring full-time and part-time Math teacher for next year. Having low interest...guessing returning to Utah isn't in the plans any more than teaching Math this year was. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete