April 25, 2016

4/24/16 Anniversary of Heidi Saying Yes

     

    Heidi reminded me that 13 years ago on the 4th Sunday in April I proposed to her. This continues to be the best thing I've ever done. Heidi and I decided to say a prayer together about what to do for our summer plans. She was going home to work and I had school. We wondered what the best thing to do would be. As soon as I started praying all I could think to ask was "should Heidi and I be married?"  This was a surprise to me as we'd only officially been dating a week. I figured I couldn't say that, Heidi would think I was crazy. I ended up saying something that must've been pretty incoherent because I couldn't get that question out of my mind. When I stopped I was stunned and didn't know what to do. I thought maybe if Heidi said a prayer next that would clear things up. So when I opened my mouth to say "Heidi would you like to say a prayer?" What came out was "Heidi would you like to marry me?" In my mind I thought "oh my goodness I've just proposed". And then an even bigger surprise happened, she said "yes". I thought "oh my goodness, I've just proposed and she said yes!" That is one of the happiest days of my life and has lead to many more happy ones. I know that with Heidi there are many more happy days to come. 


      Here is a happy moment. Heidi caught me reading to some of the kids TJ's new birthday book. TJ is the one behind the book. Sarah, Joseph and Peter listened in as well. 



1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful romantic story. You should tell about what you had to get your roommates

    ReplyDelete