April 29, 2016

4/28/16 8 More Days

      It's hard to believe that I only have 8 more teaching days at Heritage. It has gone by so fast. Today Heavenly Father blessed me in a roundabout way. Last night I prepared for my lesson from the syllabus that Eric Parker gave me. This morning I felt like I should make sure that I knew how to solve all the problems in the assigned work. When I did so I realized that I had skipped a lesson the kids would need to be able to do the homework. Quickly I was able to readjust and instead teach the earlier lesson. The net effect is that suddenly I'm ahead on my lesson planning. That was a nice surprise. 
     The kids were really fairly mellow today. I don't think I can take any credit. Teachers have pointed out to me that some days the kids come ready to learn and some days they can't sit still. Today was a mellow day for some reason. We had assembly schedule which cut off 20 minutes from our usual time. This meant that we had to skip our quiz. We did have enough time for the new material though. It just means I'll use the quiz next week. Another blessing of unexpected advanced prep. 
     This evening at the grassy field Rebecca wanted to try batting practice. She was patient as she missed several in a row. Then she started connecting. We were both very pleased. Her willingness to try, I think, made it easier for David to take a turn. He was surprised to see how well he did. TJ took a turn as well. We'll need to try again sometime with a lighter bat. The one we had was a little too big for him. Another fun time with the kiddos. 
      Heidi had Roundtable tonight. She got an award for recording her visits. It made her happy she'd taken the time to do that this morning. She is very diligent in her callings. 




1 comment:

  1. Batting practice ⁉️ It's definitely baseball/softball practice. We have a.ball field here. Good for Heidi magnifying her calling. (8 days ain't nothin')

    ReplyDelete