April 30, 2016

4/30/16 In Field Homerun


     Today was the annual Staff vs Seniors softball game. Some were calling it the Seniors vs the Seniors game. Last year the students won the game so the teachers wanted to win back the title. The students got off to a solid start. They stopped us from scoring our first at bat and then dropped 5 runs on us. We were worried it was going to be a long game. Then I got my first at bat. The picture above is of the first pitch. Heidi gets the photo credit. It went right to a sweet spot and I smacked it over the short stop and it lined drived past the left fielder. I ran past second as they were getting control of the ball. I rounded third and the ball was still in the outfield so I hustled toward home. As I approached the base I saw the ball in the corner of my eye so I slid. The tag missed me and I scored the first run for the teachers. I was winded and added a small hole to the knee of my pants but otherwise appeared to be whole. The teachers went on to score three more runs that inning. We then held the students scoreless in the bottom of the second. Over the next few innings we took turns scoring. The students had some kids from both the baseball and softball teams. They hit several all the way to the fence. Mr. Hembold (sp?) the drama teacher hit a grand slam with two outs for the teachers. In the end experience won the day and youth and vigor were defeated. The seniors played hard but made some youthful errors. The last out the boy had refused to accept the walk. He took one more pitch and hit a fly ball which David Bear the Junior High Science teacher caught to end the game. Final score 21 to 16. I don't think I've played this well since Kailua II won the stake softball tournament. I told Mr. Hembold it hurts whether you win or lose so you might as well win if you can help it. 
      The rest of the day I spent reapplying icy hot to, hopefully, minimize sore muscles tomorrow.
   We went to goodwill and got some clothes for the kids. The kids played in the grassy field. Matt, Lucy and Alex came over to play and so did Lauren. I did my best to take it easy. My experience in the past is that it can take a day or two for my muscles to notice I've done some exercise. We'll see how it goes. 

1 comment:

  1. Proud of our son, The Homerun Hitter‼️πŸŽ‰πŸ’ͺπŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘ŒπŸ» Great sports reporting. ESPN couldn't do better And Heidi--great sports action photography❗️

    ReplyDelete