June 1, 2016

5/31/16 Turning in the Keys

     This morning Heidi and the kids went with me to do a last clean of my classroom. We took my "Mr. Connelly" plaque off the door and turned in my keys and computer. I'm glad that David get to go to Heritage next year. The teachers I've met have been uniformly great. I hope that the lessons I learned teaching will carry forward. My feeling is overwhelmingly positive about the experience. That's not to say there weren't bumps along the way. There were more than I expected. Still, it was well worth it. I wonder how well I'll do remembering names when I see a former student at the grocery store. Names have never been my forte. I wish all the students well. I would do it again in a heartbeat. 
      After finishing up at school we swung by the library. Thankfully we have a growing household of readers. The kids picked out some fun books to read. Sarah and Rebecca both finished one of the books they picked out by the end of the day. 


1 comment:

  1. You never know how your former students will remember you. I think they will be impressed by how hard you helped them to have success. As we drove through Kailua occasionally a student on the side of the road would recognize us and yell CONNNNEELLY!! Fun

    ReplyDelete