June 20, 2016

6/19/16 Happy Father's Day


     This morning we went to church. I got to sing in the choir and sub for Doug in nursery. Peter does really well in there, better than he does at home sometimes. The only times I saw him get a little upset were when we split up the kids into groups and he wasn't picked to go to music time first and when a kid whacked him. Even those times he recovered well. This is a good side of him to see since at home he cries a lot. I think it's better than it was but it's part of why we're in line to see an ENT for Peter. Anyhow, he's a sweet boy and I'm glad he likes nursery so much.  
      Heidi worked on her calling at church. She's been asked to create a slide show with all the girls ages 8-11 for the start of the school year. Today she took pictures of the girls in our ward (Val Vista Ward).
         After lunch we went out to Grammie and Grandpa  Mangum's house for a Father's Day family get together. Heather and Matt and their families came and we video chatted with Aaron and Chris and their families. I think that it was a joyful event for all 5 of the Mangum kids and their parents to be together. 
      This evening Heidi and I went hunting for scorpions at the Mangum home. It says a lot about Heidi that she is even fun to hunt scorpions with. We found and killed some so I hope the grand parents can rest a little easier. For those concerned Heidi and I are both safe and sound. 






1 comment: