June 21, 2016

6/21/16 Ha Ha Family Fun


    After a trip to the pool one of the kids suggested we play the "ha ha" game. Each person rests their head on the tummy of the person next to them. The first person then says "ha!", the second "ha, ha" and so forth. The trick is to do this without breaking down laughing. It turns out this is very tough to do. We had a lot of fun doing it. 


     Peter was tuckered out after swimming lessons. Heidi reports that he did not cry today. He made some sounds that let his mother know that he did not enjoy all of the lesson but he did not cry. This is huge progress for him. Joseph has been resisting going to lessons the past couple of times. Heidi noticed this time that in the place where Joseph's lessons happen he can barely kept his mouth above water. No wonder he feels nervous. Still, Joseph did well today. This could be part of our "we can do hard things" theme. 
       I'm still adjusting to the summer, and all the kids are home, schedule. I did help David with his math on Khan Academy. He overcame a pretty severe block by going slow and taking it one step at a time. I was impressed by how much he got done. He stuck with it for 70+ minutes when usually 30 can be a tough goal. 
     This evening David went to a first aid class and Heidi went to a meeting for her calling. I stayed home and watched Zootopia with the other kids. The behind the scenes reminded me of how much I enjoy the creative process. It made me think of my decision to follow a prompting and become an accountant. I do enjoy movie making but I have faith that in my accounting profession I am creating something more long lasting than a movie



1 comment: