June 5, 2016

6/5/16 A Reminder to Pray

     This morning I woke up early. It bothered me that I hadn't been able to fix our internet connection yesterday. After some time with similar poor results I heard a small voice in my mind say "have you prayed about this?" I thought "Heavenly Father can't be interested in such a simple thing as fixing a router. I should be able to fix his myself". In response came the thought "haven't we been through things like this before?" I thought about the times I've lost something and looked everywhere and couldn't find it. After I finally humbled myself and prayed about it the place to look came to my mind. So I said a prayer. As soon as I did my mind seemed to clear. Another thought came into my mind of something to try that I had not thought of before. That thought lead me to the steps I needed to do to get the router working again. Within 10 minutes of praying we were back online. After having spent hours searching, in vain, for a solution Heavenly Father guided me to success in a few minutes. Hopefully next time I will remember this time and pray sooner. 
      Today was Fast and Testimony Meeting. I bore my testimony that Heavenly Father cares about us and will help us solve even seemingly simple problems. 
      This afternoon was quiet. Heidi and I did some planning for next week. Later on David and I practiced our scripture mastery scriptures. 



1 comment:

  1. Great lesson for us all. Recently I had a similar humbling experience 🙏

    ReplyDelete