June 21, 2016

6/20/16 Handyman


     This morning Heidi surprised me by asking me to help with a couple of home improvement projects for her parents. I almost asked her for two forms of ID. Usually she loves these types of service. I think that Peter did not sleep well last night and Heidi needed some rest. 
     The first task was to install two solar powered outside lights. 

      The second task was to install a closet door. Heidi's dad had already purchased just the right sized door. It just needed to be assembled and put in place. Gratefully both tasks occurred without injury. Hopefully each thing serves them well. It was fun to try something new. 
     After the projects were done it was time to come home. My usual meeting fell through so, after working a bit, I was able to join the family and go swimming. I remembered the other day when I wasn't feeling like swimming and chose to stay home. I ended up really regretting that decision. I decided to learn from my mistake and go. It was fun spending time with the family. The opportunity to go doesn't always come up so when it does it seems like I should take it. The kids won't always be little. 




1 comment: