June 10, 2016

6/10/16 Sarah Sits a Tree


      Sarah has taken on the duty of caring for Gram and Papa's pine tree. We made it to 430 before 7 so that we could water while the temps were in the 70s and 80s. The high today was "only" 104 so not as bad as the 118s of the weekend. Still, not exactly comfy either. 
      While there Sarah noticed that the little cactus is growing. Here are a couple of pictures for scale. 


    With 430 cared for we headed home in time for the kids to head to Music Forte. Today was a dress rehearsal. The kids are excited about the shows tomorrow. There will be a matinee and an evening show. Heidi and I are looking forward to it as well. 

     This afternoon I got a chance to serve at the cannery helping make syrup for needy families. My very rough count was that we made over 1600 bottles in the couple of hours we were asked to serve. It felt good to lend a hand. They gave each of us a bottle of syrup as thank you for our service. I got to ride with Ron Rock, our High Priest Group leader. He is a wise man and I appreciated getting to spend some time visiting with him. I am trying harder to listen more and not be overly chatty. This is not easy for me but I feel that it will help me learn many things I do not yet know. 





1 comment:

  1. Dear Sarah, thanks for caring for our little tree and cactus. Did you get a chance to water the the hose plant? It's a comfort to Gramma and me to have you on the job. We know it's very warm in Mesa.

    ReplyDelete