May 11, 2016

5/10/16 The Last Midterm

     Today was the last midterm for my students at Heritage. It was also the due date for any late or corrected homework. I now have a large stack of papers to grade. It makes me not want to allow late homework if I do this again someday. There are some students who turned in 5 or 6 assignments today. Why didn't they keep up instead of waiting until the end? Some waited too long and may fail the class. If there is a next time I'll want to do some research about what works better. 
     This evening I went to a post mortem about stake conference with the other stake techs. We had root beer floats to make the task easier. Overall he conference broadcast was a huge success. People I talked to just talked about the talks not about whether they could see or hear. That happily was a given for them. That's not to say there aren't thugs to improve. We still don't know why the church feed failed, we want to start testing a week earlier next time.  We also decided that we learned some things to continue. We liked having a bigger crew than past conferences. It allowed someone to tend to the broadcast while the other fixed trouble spots. We also learned that the new family history computers handled the streaming requirements much better than the laptops we tried. We can save time next time by going to them first. Overall it was a good meeting. It's a great team and I'm glad to work with them. 
     While I was at my meeting Heidi went to enrichment meeting. The overlap was fairly short and Joseph was asleep so Heidi left David in charge. Everything was going well when I got home. Rebecca had even gotten Peter to sleep. That's no easy task. I'm so grateful for kids who can help out. 


1 comment: