May 22, 2016

5/21/16 Rebecca and Sarah Piano Recital


     This morning the boys and I woke up at camp. It was as good a night sleep as I've come to expect at camp. I was only woken up twice by children in the night and by around 4 am I was pretty much awake. That actually felt like a success, Nobody complained that they were too cold and I felt surprisingly rested.
     The ward provided a pancake breakfast for us. Heavenly Father provided a way for me to get to know the father of the family that owns the house that we would like to buy. As I was looking for a table to sit down at the one that had room happened to be the one Brother Clarkson and his son were sitting at. We had a nice little visit. He said he will keep us in the loop as they decide what to do.
     


     Here is TJ, with his usual big smile, ready to eat.

     A big highlight of today was going to Rebecca and Sarah's piano recital. The girls have been practicing for months.

Here is Sarah at the keys

Rebecca concentrating. Both girls memorized their two short songs.



     In recognition of their achievement both girls were awarded certificates. I love both of their smiles. Heidi and I are very proud of them. In addition to the other kids both sets of grandparents were in attendance. Mahalo to Papa for letting me use his camera to take recital pics.

      Papa also let us borrow his camera to take some pictures of Grammie and Grandpa Mangum to use as part of their mission application. Exciting times.



1 comment:

  1. We were very glad to have been invited to the recital not only for the piano pieces the girls played but because of their sweet spirits. We wish the best to the Mangums as they submit their mission papers

    ReplyDelete