May 25, 2016

5/24/16 Last Day Teaching at Heritage

      Today was my last day with my three classes. On Thursday there is a school wide assembly but we won't be sitting with our classes. I'm really going to miss the students. This was the last day for students to finish up their final exam. Some had time to work on extra credit. Students are beginning to see the consequences of their actions. One student realized that he does not have enough points to pass the class and now has to take summer school. Another did just well enough on the final to squeak by with a B minus. My heart goes out to those students who didn't pass but I know that I did my best to let them know how they were doing as we went along. For the most part students who came in for help ended up doing well.
     This evening Heidi and I stayed up grading finals. Just a few more days and we'll be all done. What a fun learning experience this has been.

1 comment:

  1. You will be glad to have kept this journal about your teaching adventure

    ReplyDelete