May 18, 2016

5/17/16 Father May I

     Today was the last review day for my students before the final exam. We played Murphy Ball. To make things more interesting the team that won would get an extra point of extra credit. Things seemed to work out better in my third period than in 2nd. It could be that they needed the points more or it could be that I fine tuned the rules a bit. The challenge has been keeping everyone engaged when it wasn't their turn to do a problem. I changed it up by letting people sign up to do any problem from the exam review. They didn't need to wait in line to do a problem. They just needed me to check it when they finished. This seemed to work. I got to see the light turn on for a few people so hopefully some learning happened too. 
     After school the missionaries came over for dinner. Elder Medeiros is from Brazil and Elder Locklear is from North Carolina. It was fun for me watching Sarah and the other kids talk to them and get to know them. 
       After dinner we took the kids to the grassy field. Rebecca, Sarah, TJ, Joseph and Peter played "Father May I" with me. I don't remember playing that with them before. It was fun. David stayed home with his Kindle. At bed time I was proud of him. He asked to be grounded from his Kindle because he was sad he'd chosen to play with it over us. 
       In the evening we tried to get our ballots in on two AZ Ammendments but we were wrong about closing time. It was 7 not 8 so we missed it. That was disappointing but at least we got over there. We'll do better next time. 


1 comment:

  1. Lots of memories for this day. Probably most significant is David's mature decision

    ReplyDelete