May 23, 2016

5/22/16 Sub in Primary

      Today Heidi and I got to teach the 7 turned 8 year old boys in primary. They are a fun bunch. Not the best at sitting still but sweet kids. We talked about prayer. This morning I thought about not going to church today because my leg hurt so badly. Last night as I was carrying TJ to his bed I felt something sting my leg. I figured it was a scorpion. When I couldn't find it Heidi suggested I look in my pant leg. Sure enough there it was. It felt a lot like a bee sting. Ibuprofen cut the pain to manageable but still noticeable. I was worried that walking on it would cause the poison to spread and make it take longer to heal. Ultimately I felt that it would be OK and that I needed to fulfill my commitment to teach. At the time of this writing, morning on 5/23, it feels 95% better. At dinner time on 5/22 it was still slowing me down. I am so grateful that Heavenly Father designed our bodies to heal themselves. What a miraculous thing. Of course we also prayed about it. I'm sure that also helped it heal faster. 
       It sure is a kick to be able to teach. The boys had some spiritual stories to share about family members who were sick or hurt that they prayed for. With summer around the corner Heidi and I may have the blessing of teaching regularly. We are already booked to teach TJ's class next week. We are looking forward to it. TJ's friend Gunnar is in there too. He's another sweet kid. Should be another spiritual good time. 


1 comment:

  1. Scorpions in the house again😱Yikes❗️Sorry for you. But better you than TJ I guess. Taking one for the team. Proud you sucked it up and fulfilled your commitment

    ReplyDelete